Sat, 22 Jan|
Beginners Burlesque "Tootsie's Tease" 2 hour online workshop via Zoom
Unleash your inner temptress with this 2 hour online burlesque workshop for beginners! Delivered by Tootsie Rocques, founding member and Manager of The Scarlet Vixens.
Time & Location
22 Jan, 14:00 – 16:00
About the event
Are you looking for something that will unlock your inner diva, make you feel fabulous and give you a new zest for life? Perhaps you want to try something new, broaden your horizons, create memories with friends? Well - The Scarlet Vixens have the answer! Tootsie's brilliantly fun and empowering Beginners Burlesque 2 hour workshop is designed for all ages, shapes, sizes and abilities and takes you right back to the basics of burlesque. Great for those of you who have never taken a class before or want a refresher session, before heading to our intermediate and advanced levels.
The workshop will take place on Saturday 22nd January 2022 from 2-4 pm GMT on Zoom.
During the workshop we will cover:
- A new choreographed routine
- Glove removal techniques
- Working with a boa
- Learning to walk like a showgirl!
The workshop will be recorded, so if you're unable to join us live you will get access to the recording within 48 hours post workshop via email.
You will need for the workshop:
- Comfortable clothes which you can move freely in (if you want to wear burlesque style costume, please feel free! Although this is not required).
- A bottle of water nearby
- A pair of opera style gloves - or, if you don't have these, any gloves at all will be fine for practising. These gloves from Amazon will be perfect for using in workshops such as this.
- A feather or organza boa - or, if you don't own a boa, they can also be purchased inexpensively from Amazon or just use a regular scarf, or any long piece of fabric that you can drape around your shoulders.
- A small space of around 3-4 metres square, free of obstacles or trip hazards.
- Feel free to try the workshop in heels, but do keep some flats nearby (or just bare feet is fine!).
Tootsie is a founding member of The Scarlet Vixens and has 10 years experience on stage. She has mentored many fledgling performers, some of which now perform with the Scarlet Vixens as guest performers. You will discover a different side to your persona which, in time, you will learn to develop to create your own unique burlesque character. There will be feathers, there will be frolics. But most of all - there will be FUN!
1) Do I need to have my camera on for the workshop?
It's completely up to you. If you'd like to have your camera on and interact with Tootsie and the other students, that's great! If you'd rather be a bit more private, that's absolutely fine, too :-)
2) Am I allowed to ask questions throughout the session?
All students will be on mute for the duration of the class, however we will unmute you at various times to allow for feedback etc. Please keep your mics on mute for the duration otherwise to avoid any unnecessary distractions.
3) I am unable to make the date (22nd January from 2-4 pm GMT). Will there be a recording of the workshop?
Yes! All students who sign up to the workshop will get a recording of the session afterwards, so even if you can't join us live on the day, you can catch up at a later date.
4) I am unable to make the date (22nd January from 2-4 pm GMT). Can I get a discount?
Unfortunately, we can't offer discounts or a reduced price for the recording of the session only.
5) I've attended this course in the past. Is the content the same?
The format is largely the same, but we will be using different music, choreography and incorporating a few new skills, so there is new, fresh content for you second or third timers!
+£0.38 Service fee
Admits 1 person to the 2 hour online workshop via Zoom.
+£0.38 Service fee0